[vtkusers] An extension proposal for the vtkTIFFReader

Thorsten Wagner jumpfunky at web.de
Fri May 22 06:41:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

before few days i've asked for a possibility to read a spezific page of a Multipage-TIFF File. No answers. So, i take a look at the code of the vtkTIFFReader and see that the reader reads ALL Pages. The TIFF-Format often used for reading tiled pyramidal multipage TIFF-Files in order to read only spezific pages and spezific tiles for preserve the RAM and realize "fast-zoom" operations. because only a part of the image must be readed!

In the attachment is a version for reading a spezific page of a multipage TIFF. IT's only implementet for my proposes. So, if it should implementet in the vtk, there is a few things to do!

In my Version i have changed/add the line: 157, 234, 1017. 	Furthermore  i have add a method "setDesiredPage(int i)" to the vtkTIFFReader.

Within the next few days i will try to manipulate the method "ReadTiles" for reading only spezific tiles of tiled tiff, so maybe i send a second version.

Regards,
Thorsten