[vtkusers] Decided to try again!

ronharshbarger at mmm.com ronharshbarger at mmm.com
Mon May 18 09:47:38 EDT 2009

OK, I put this aside a while back out of frustration and a lack of
available time. I have now decided to revisit VTK because I really like the
renderings that I have seen.

The facts:
1. I have been creating applications in MSVC++ ( MFC ) inside of visual
studio for at least a decade with some success.
2. I haven't written a make file in at least 20 years.. can't remember it
anyway!
3. I purchased the books "Visualization Toolkit", "Mastering CMake", and
"VTK Users Guide" along with the CD from Kitware Inc.
4. I am overwhelmed and need some basic "get started" help! Yes even more
basic than the "getting started" section. I suppose I've been dumbed down
by the GUI interface of Visual Studio. I guess I need a "Hello World" level
intro.
5. Ideally, I would like to integrate the visualization into my MFC Apps
but I can deal with a separate app if necessary.

SO where do I start? What do I install? (binaries, source, etc.) I see
references to Tcl and Tkt, should I pursue them and abandon MSVC?

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

Ron H.