[vtkusers] How to get a particular plane from vtkPlaneCollection

Shailender Kanwar shailender.kanwar at gmail.com
Fri May 15 08:34:36 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to create a no. of vtkplanes and store them some where for use
later as section planes.

I have gone through the vtkPlaneCollection class documentation, the only way
I see for retrieving
a particular plane from this collection is to use GetItemAsObject() and
using cast to convert the returned object to vtkPlane.
(am I right will that work? or would it be better to create my own map to
store the planes)

my another Question is regarding this  function -----------

vtkPlane* vtkPlaneCollection::GetNextPlane (  vtkCollectionSimpleIterator &
cookie  )
Reentrant safe way to get an object in a collection. Just pass the same
cookie back and forth.

i have seen this function in other collections also, can someone explain
with a code snippet, how exactly is this function used.

thanks,

Shailender