[vtkusers] Eliminate Noise by ConnectivityFilter

Chris N alucard006 at msn.com
Fri May 15 04:19:15 EDT 2009

I am learning how to use VTK and trying to use connectivityfilter since
it seems to be the best way to elimate noise.  My attempt is dealing
with DICOM data files, and I construct my files to give me a 3D image
of a human head with only skin.  Now I want to eliminate internal parts
that connect to the ear & neck.  I tried to use my method below
with connectivityfilter on my data and the textbook's example data
"headsq/quarter" but sadly I get the same result as if I never used
connectivityfilter.  Any advice, suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

My sequence is:

-Read Data

//CONNECTIVITY
vtkConnectivityFilter *connect = vtkConnectivityFilter::New();
connect->SetInputConnection(reader->GetOutputPort());
connect->SetExtractionModeToLargestRegion();

-Skin actor
-Outline actor

-Apply my actors

-View results