[vtkusers] Get "goodness of fit"/error of ICP Transform

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:56:59 EDT 2009

The only function that I see is:
virtual double GetMeanDistance<http://davis.lbl.gov/Manuals/VTK-4.5/classvtkIterativeClosestPointTransform.html#z2125_0>()
which tells the improvement made in the last iteration. If I want to know
the overall "error" at the end of the process (ie the mean distance between
all pairs of closest points), would I have to do this manually? ie. put all
of the points from one set in a KDTree, and find the average closest point
distance to all of the other set? It seems like that should be available in
the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform because I'm sure the points are
already in a tree etc. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

David