[vtkusers] Building VTK application with Visual Studio 2008

Alexandru Duţu alex.dutu at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:07:59 EDT 2009

I forgot to mention that if I build in debug the linker tells me this
"Linking...
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library"

So I used this option for the linker /NODEFAULTLIB:MSVCRT and I got much
more errors form this option.

Also I tried to build the examples and I got linking errors so some examples
were not built. The error I got for the failed builds is: "LINK : fatal
error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkRendering.lib' "

I checked in the vtk_build_folder/bin/release/  for vtkRendering.lib and it
is not there, but the library exists in the installation forder "c:\Program
Files\VTK\lib\vtk-5.4"

I do not realize what am I doing wrong.

Can anybody please help

Best Regards,