[vtkusers] vtkTransformFilter

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Mon Mar 30 13:02:41 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I have an object picked usint VTkpicker....and I can recover its actor. now, I also define a vtkMatrix4x4 which is a rigid transformation matrix.
I want to apply that transformation to the object and I wrote this:

vtkTransform *tr = vtkTransform::New();
        tr->SetMatrix(m);
        tr->Update();

        vtkTransformFilter *trF = vtkTransformFilter::New();
        trF->SetInput(tmpAct->GetMapper()->GetInput());
        trF->SetTransform(tr);
        trF->Update();

where tmpAct is the actor picked by the picker.
So I thought that after refreshing the visualization I should see the object modified, but it doesn't....so where's the trick?

Kind Regards.
Giancarlo