[vtkusers] Video rendering

Rolf Anders Syvertsen Rolf.Anders.Syvertsen at rikshospitalet.no
Tue Mar 24 11:05:23 EDT 2009

Hi, I am trying to render a video from a volume, and have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

-Have connected the volume to the vtkMPEG2Writer and the vtkFFMPEGWriter on linux, but how do I compile the FFMPEG on Windows? Tried with MinGW but that failed. Error from within MinGW.

-I have been able to make video files, but the files contains only the first frame of the video for the duration of the whole video (bouth with mpeg2 and ffmpeg). Does anyone have any suggestions on what might cause this? If I rotate the camera before I start to make the video the first fram is rotated. (is there a special codec that is needed to display the videos?).

- Does anyone alternatively have an example on how to write video  with simple rotation from  a 16 bit volume?

Thanks

Rolf Anders Syvertsen
Software Developer
IMI (Institute for Medical Informatics)
Radiumhospitalet, Oslo Universitetssykehus HF
email: rolf.anders.syvertsen at rikshospitalet.no<mailto:rolf.anders.syvertsen at rikshospitalet.no>

Denne meldingen inneholder ikke sensitiv informasjon som bryter med Rikshospitalets krav til informasjonssikkerhet.
(In compliance with the Security Policy of Rikshospitalet , the content of this message (including any attachments) is of a non-sensitive nature)