[vtkusers] Convert a .vtk file into 'structured points data file'

nourmestiri at yahoo.fr nourmestiri at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 23 12:42:01 EDT 2009

Hi all vtk users.
I make the 3D reconstruction of a human skull and i want to use VolView to create an AVi file for this volume. The problem is that i saved my volume like this:
vtkXMLPolyDataWriter *vtkObject = vtkXMLPolyDataWriter::New();
vtkObject ->SetInput(v16->GetOutput());
vtkObject ->SetFileName("C:/Skull.vtk");
vtkObject ->SetDataModeToAscii();
vtkObject ->Write();
vtkObject ->Delete();

When i try to open "Skull.vtk" usin VolView, i have this error message "The VTK file specified is either invalid or not a structured points data file.Of the different data types that vtk files can contain, only structured points is suitable for volume rendering."

So, the problem is taht my volume is not saved as a structures points data file.

Can you help me and tell me how to convert the skull volume saved as "Skull..vtk" into structured points data file?

Thank yous so much