[vtkusers] How to rendering data of high resolution?

liu liuwenqing306 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 02:04:20 EDT 2009

Dear all:
I got a mri data in short type ranging from 0-20000+.
I use vtkOpenGLImageActor to display 2d images,but as this class only support unsigned char scalars.If I shift and scale my data, much information would be lost and the images got blurred. Meanwhile the tranfer function of ray-casting is hard to control.In my program, a initial rendering result is  achieved through mapping the minimun  to opacity 0 and the maximum to opactiy 1.0. As the data has a wide scope,the contrast is rather low.

Anyone know the solutions? Thanks!