[vtkusers] link error when building vtk (cvs version) with qt4.5.1

Souhait, Lydie Lydie_Souhait at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 11 17:06:53 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I have been trying to compile vtk with qt4.5.1 on windows with msvc2008. I get the following link error:
17>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Qt\4.5.1\lib\QtWebKitd4.lib'

First, I am surprised to see the dependencies to QtWebKit to build vtk. Is it normal? Is it really required?

Then, when I built qt with nmake, it did not generate the debug version of QtWebKit (QtWebKitd4), and for this reason it is not compiling. I know it may be not the right mailing list but I guess some of you may know how to solve my problem. Could anyone give me the right configuration to be used to generate QtWebKitd4's library?

Note I use the following configuration to build qt:
configure -platform win32-msvc -debug-and-release -phonon -webkit -qt-style-windowsxp -qt-style-windowsvista

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Lydie