[vtkusers] Two GtkGLExtRenderWindows and refreshing

Michael Frankham mikejf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:38:01 EDT 2009

I have a window containing two seperate GtkGLExtRenderWindowInteractors. One
contains a place slice widget in a volume; the second displays the flat
image pulled off the plane slice. You can manipulate the widget with the
mouse. The intention is that as you manipulate the widget in the first
viewport, the second will update with a flat display of the image on the
slice.

I bound an event so that modifying the widget will call a queue_draw on the
second. That made it so that it would redraw when I pause manipulating and
allow the first viewport a moment without having to refresh; presumably the
two won't refresh simultaneously. I'd like to get it so that the second
viewport refreshes in real time whilst the widget in the first is being
moved around. I've tried linking them together with share-lists, but that
has no effect.

I'm a newbie to both GTK and VTK, so any tips or pointers on how to make
this happen would be nice.