[vtkusers] Programatically doing Pan and Tilt of Camera

first last virtualeye at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 09:13:08 EDT 2009

Hey all,
I am trying to simulate pan and tilt of camera in my program.
Currently I have set the interactor style to TrackballCamera. Now if I press
the mouse's middle button and drag the mouse, the camera translates along
the direction of screen. I want to do this translation (pan and tilt) by
pressing buttons on UI, namely the pan: up , down, left and right.

How can I do that?
I have looked into the 5 basic functions of vtkCamera, i.e. Roll, Azimuth,
Elevation, Pitch and Yaw, but they don't fulfill my requirements.
I'll appreciate the prompt responses.

Best,
V.E.