[vtkusers] volume rendering to show first surface

Chamanthi Karunasekara chamrk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 21:11:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a set of colour .raw images where the object is in the center and the
background is black. I want to volume render them in true colour so that
their outer surface only is visible. I found that it is possible to volume
render for maximum intensity, minimum intensity and composite in vtk. Is
there a way of ray casting that the ray penetrats the black black ground and
shows the surface when it encounters the surface where the colour is not
black? Could I do it through using some thresholding filter?

Thanks,
Chamanthi