[vtkusers] update extent error

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 8 10:24:26 EDT 2009

I found a way to get rid of this error at least in my case: after
experimentally trying out things around, it turned out that a reason is
calling Update() after each chain in the pipeline. When connecting
things via SetInput(GetOutput()) it was always fine, but here with
SetInputConnection(GetOutputPort()) if I call Update() each time I get
this error. If I dont call any Update()'s all is clean. Strange.

Is this normal? Calling Update() on an up-to-date object should do
nothing, no? Furthermore: how do I now debug my pipeline: suppose I want
to see the number of points in an output somewhere in the middle of the
pipeline: unless I call Update() it is not available... and if I do I
get an error. Feature? Unclean design? Bug?

-- Dominik