[vtkusers] how to change from one slice to another

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:17:36 EDT 2009

check this example which in vtk's example directory:
VTK\Examples\ImageProcessing\Cxx\ImageSlicing.cxx .This example shows
how to slice between different projections(axial, sagittal, coronal).
Write your code just like that and write an observer for
mouseWheelMoved  function and add this part:

        double sliceSpacing = spacing[whichProjection]; //axial=2,
sagittal =0, coronal=1 depends on which projection you show on panel...
        double point[] = new double[4];
        point[0] = 0.0;
        point[1] = 0.0;
        point[2] = sliceSpacing * motions; //motions =  backward=-1,
forward=1
        point[3] = 1.0;
        double cent[] = new double[4];
        matrix.MultiplyPoint(point, cent);
        matrix.SetElement(0, 3, cent[0]);
        matrix.SetElement(1, 3, cent[1]);
        matrix.SetElement(2, 3, cent[2]);

And remember to keep the discussion on vtk user list :D
Regards
Sercani...