[vtkusers] marching cubes on an implicit surface

Christian Walder chwa at imm.dtu.dk
Mon Jul 6 10:02:02 EDT 2009

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! But does this involve first computing the value of the implicit function on a 3D grid and then running marching cubes?

I should have mentioned that this is not an option as it will involve a computational cost which is cubic in the resolution (due to constructing the 3D grid), whereas a direct application of marching cubes should be more or less quadratic in the resolution (as the surface itself is two-dimensional, and only embedded in a 3D space).

Christian