[vtkusers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter in Rigid Body mode

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:46:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Thomas Hack <hack at bonn.edu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've got a question concerning vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter (vtkPAF). I
> want to use it for two sets of landmarks (same number of landmarks and same
> sequence). I want to register them into the same coordinatesystem using a
> rigid body transformation. My question now is, how do i get the correspondig
> transformation matrix? GetLandmarkTransform() gives me a very strange
> martix, which does for sure not the right transformation. The result of the
> vtkPAF looks correct to me, but i need the transformation matrix, because i
> want to register two volumes on base of the landmarks.
>
> Does anyone has an idea?
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

I don't see the difference between vtkPAF and vtkLandmarkTransform from
reading the class descriptions, so I can't comment on vtkPAF, but I have an
example of a landmark transform here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Landmark_Transform

You can get the matrix with ->GetMatrix() (it is type vtkMatrix4x4). Maybe
you could keep your existing code and try
GetLandmarkTransform()->GetMatrix() ? Otherwise it sounds like you can just
use a landmark transform by itself?

Thanks,

David