[vtkusers] Genretainr Streamlines from a plane

Shailender Kanwar shailender.kanwar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 08:03:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to generate *streamlines* from *a* 2-D *plane* using
vtkStreamLines.
I want to be able to specify the no. of lines along either axis.
I couldnt find any class in vtk documentation that would serve the purpose,
the vtkPlane Source generates number of smaller planes form the given plane
while vtkPointSource generates the points randomly in a spherical region
about a center

Is there any class in *VTK*which can generate points on a plane or do i need
to implement the functionality using my code.

Shailender Kanwar
Research Engineer
Fluidyn Software and Consultancy Ltd.