[vtkusers] AccessViolationException problem in vtkImageShrink3D and vtkImageMapToColors

BS odwbrodwbr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:13:00 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have the following bug which I hope that someone can help me to solve
it...
I'm using a loop that contains

vtkBMPReader* bmpreader = vtkBMPReader::New();
bmpreader->SetFileName(FileName);
vtkImageShrink3D* shrink3D = vtkImageShrink3D::New();
shrink3D->SetInputConnection(bmpreader->GetOutputPort());
shrink3D->SetAveraging(1);
shrink3D->Update();                                          // Error
vtkImageMapToColors* map = vtkImageMapToColors::New();
map->SetInputConnection(shrink3D->GetOutputPort());
map->Update();                                                // Error
map->Delete();
bmpreader->Delete();
shrink3D->Delete();

After repeating the loop for many times, I'm getting the following error
exactly at the Updat() lines

First-chance exception at 0x01cc4c0c in Program.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation writing location 0x00000000.

A first chance exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred
in Program.exe

Waiting for your advice..

BS