[vtkusers] use vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes with C#

Phillip fibbes82 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 09:03:54 EST 2009

Hallo all vtk users,

I use the vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes algorithm zo extract an isosurface
from segmented volume data (tiff images).

To install and setup VTK 5.0 on Visual Studio 2005 (.NET 2.0) I follow
the steps of this page http://www.evl.uic.edu/aej/526/vtk.html

If I debug my C# project my pipeline doesn't work and I get the
following errors:

ERROR: In m:\dev\cur\vtkdotnet\branch\50\Graphics\vtkDecimatePro.cxx,
line 161
vtkDecimatePro (04042A88): No data to decimate!
ERROR: In
m:\dev\cur\vtkdotnet\branch\50\Graphics\vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter.cxx,
line 212
vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter (04053210): No data to smooth!
ERROR: In
m:\dev\cur\vtkdotnet\branch\50\Graphics\vtkPolyDataNormals.cxx, line 94
vtkPolyDataNormals (040540D0): No data to generate normals for!

If I translate my C# code into C++ and create  the C++ projekt with
Cmake it works fine and I can visualize my isosurface. So I think my
pipeline is correct and it is because of use vtkMarchingCubes and C#.

Is it possible that I can't use vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes  with C#? Or is
my installation not correct?
What do I wrong with the installation and setup to use C#?

Best regards,
        Phillip