[vtkusers] Nicola Creati <ncreati at inogs.it>

L.J. van Ruijven L.J.vanRuijven at amc.uva.nl
Mon Jan 26 04:39:59 EST 2009

Hello Nicola,

I am using VTK 5.2.0 on windows XP 64 and I developed programs with TCL 8.6 and Visual Studio C++. But I never encountered this problem. I regularly use vtkPolyData, tkPolydataMapper, vtkActor, and vtkRenderer. So I think they are not really suspect.  But that leaves a lot of potential error sources open. So I suggest you try to narrow down the error.

It is a pity that I never managed to compile Python for the X64 platform, so I cannot test what would happen on my machine. Is there somebody else who is able to test this? That might indicate whether the hardware is responsible.
Also, I never used vtkMaskPoints. Maybe you can check whether the dataset returned by mask is correct? You might use a vtkDataSetWriter to write the result to your harddisk, and check the result.

Finally, you did not mention this explicitly, but did you use the 64 bit versions of Python and VTK with Windows x64 or did you use the same executables as you used on the win32 platform?

Leo.