[vtkusers] VTK + Qt + Intel C++ Compiler

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Tue Jan 13 10:26:10 EST 2009

Hi Jim,
Here is the dashboard I ran last night building VTK with nmake (using the
Intel Compiler). It has plenty of warnings but does build successfully.

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=249449

To do this you run cmake from the intel command prompt. From there when
you're prompted to pick a generator select NMake Makefiles and then select
"Compiler Setup". In there set C and C++ compilers to point to the location
of icl.exe. You can also use the visual studio IDE, in which you just hit
the Intel C++ button on the toolbar.