[vtkusers] Problems with vtk and python wrapping under vista 64

Rocco Gasteiger post at rocco-gasteiger.de
Mon Feb 16 04:40:45 EST 2009

Hi all,

my problem is solved. Indeed, it was the wrong python version for my vista
64. After I installed the Windows AMD64 installer, VTK with Python wrapping
compiled without errors only some. Much thanks to Leo and David for your
help!

Now, I have only one error left. I get some strange linking errors for the
project vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets. Something with my Tcl/Tk installation
must be wrong. I use the ActiveStateTcl version 8.4.14. I found no 64 bit
installer. Anyway, this is not so important for me. I'm just deactivate this
project in my VTK solution.

Best regards,
Rocco Gasteiger

Dipl.-Ing. Rocco Gasteiger
Department of Simulation and Graphics, School of Computer Science
Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg

Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg
GERMANY

Phone:  (+49-391) 67-1 27 59