[vtkusers] Problems with vtk and python wrapping under vista 64

L.J. van Ruijven L.J.vanRuijven at amc.uva.nl
Mon Feb 16 02:49:34 EST 2009

Hi Rocco,

It means that the linker has encountered a reference to "__imp_PyList_Insert", but did not find a definition of it. So you must help the linker to find the definition. You might have omitted source files, or libraries, or did not give the correct search path to the compiler. It helps if you first find out where "__imp_PyList_Insert" is defined?

I also had trouble compiling Python. But now the 'Windows AMD64 installer' is availble (http://www.python.org/download/). I installed it on my XP x64, and after that VTK also compiled with Python enabled.

regards,
Leo.