[vtkusers] tubular structure

EDSB EDSB edsb at hotmail.it
Sat Feb 14 10:54:02 EST 2009

David, thank you very much for your kind answer!
I was able to do what I want.
Hoping that I'm not bothering you too much, could I ask you another question?
have a volumetric image (in dicom or in metaimage) made of zero voxels
and some non-zero voxels, representing a 3D geometry (a cube).
I would like to subtract from this volume the tube that I have create by vtktubefilter, but I have some problems:
1)
I have two different classes: the image is a VtkImageData, the tube is
a VtkPolyData (isn't it?); how can I get the same format, how can I
subtract them?
2)the tube is empty inside. I need a volume, not a surface.
know that these question can seem quite banal, but I couldn't find any
good tutorial about VTK classes on the web. I rely on buying VTK user's
guide as soon as possible!
Thanks in advance for you kindness and for your help!
Mary