[vtkusers] Volume rendering anomalies (looks like a bug)

Paul Melis paul at science.uva.nl
Mon Feb 9 08:45:44 EST 2009

Hello,

With data file [1] and the attached Python script I get some really
strange volume rendering results with vtk 5.2, using the volume ray
caster (see the attached screenshots). The vtk file renders correctly in
Paraview 3.4.0 and I have no volume rendering problems with vtk on other
datasets. The dataset is a simple structured points file consisting of
323 unsigned shorts (although the original dataset I had the same
problem with was 1283). It was converted from a floating-point
structured points set using vtkImageShiftScale, but that's about the
only exotic thing about it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Paul

[1] http://www.science.uva.nl/~paul/flaky2.vtk.bz2