[vtkusers] Cross-complile 64-bit vtk with VS2008

Jim jiksed at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 15:46:09 EST 2009

I used all default CMAKE settings but set BUILD_TESTING=OFF because it caused many errors. I also set VTK_WRAP_TCL=OFF. This time I got "Build: 27 succeeded, 6 failed". Here are my error messages:

vtksysEncodeExecutable.exe is not a valid Win32 application
vtkParseOGLExt.exe is not a valid Win32 application
vtkEncodeString.exe is not a valid Win32 application
error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating vtksysProcessFwd9xEnc.c"
>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\bin\Debug\vtksys.lib'
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating vtkMaterialXMLLibrary.h"
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D_TwoDependentShadeFP.cxx, vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D_TwoDependentShadeFP.h"

Will any of you please point out what is wrong here?

Thank you.