[vtkusers] "Solid" polyhedron

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 5 09:45:47 EST 2009

vtkPolyData can only represent the external surfaces, because it can
only contain 2D cell types, such as triangle.

vtkUnstructuredGrid can represent the internal volume as well, because
it can contain 3D cell types, such a tetrahedra.

You can use the Delauney filters to create 2D or 3D cells out of a set
of points.