[vtkusers] "Solid" polyhedron

Jens K. Becker becker at jkbecker.de
Wed Feb 4 08:05:33 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have a polyhedron that I can display using vtk. The polyhedron is
essentially defined by vertices that define triangluar facets which make
up the outer shell of it. I use vtk to display the outer shell, the
different vertices (as spheres) and edges of facets (as tubes). But it
is only the outer shell that is displayed, the polyhedra are hollow. How
can I color the whole polyhedron? I dont even know where to start
looking to achieve this. Eveything I read about creating volumes does
not apply to the kind of data I have (which essentially are the
coordinates of vertices in 3D and which vertex belongs to which facet).
Any help and hints are welcome!

Greetings,
Jens

--
Dr. J.K. Becker
University of Tuebingen - Institute for Geoscience