[vtkusers] Some things cannot be saved as VTP?

daviddoria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:01:19 EST 2009

Awesome - thanks Amy. I extracted the surface, then I was allowed to save it
as a vtp (I only wanted the surface anyway!)

Now another question - I have a point cloud of a car and I want to make a
triangulated model of it.  3D Delaunay did a decent job, but you can see
(http://rpi.edu/~doriad/car.jpg) there are some major artifacts, like the
side view mirrors are attached to the body of the car by very long
triangles. I didn't exactly understand what the few parameters were for in
the delaunay filter, but tweaking them didn't seem to change that kind of
thing. Is there a better way to get a surface out of these points?

Thanks!

Dave