[vtkusers] vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper: How to improve the quality of the volume Rendering?

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 3 06:49:12 EST 2009

Hi,

What did you mean for "bad quality"? I use vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper daily and its rendering quality is not inferior to the software ray cast mapper provided by VTK. Actually, I have only discovered some rendering bug (deformation of the volume, look at my previous post for more info and videos) and another potential bug when you set up clipping planes (although I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, I haven't posted this issue yet because I need to do more accurate test). I haven't tested the GPURenderDemo, but there are lots of settings that can influence the rendering quality like the sampling distance. Also a bad color/opacity transfer function can produce bad visual results. Check these parameters.

My two cents,

- AGPX