[vtkusers] vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper: How to improve the quality of the volume Rendering?

wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn wassim_belhadj at topnet.tn
Tue Feb 3 03:33:22 EST 2009

Dear list,

I tested the new vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper provided by VTKEdge and I was
disappointed by the result obtained.

Before the released of VTKEdge, I used the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper provided
by Vtk.

I had an excellent result (graphics rendering ) but a bad interaction
(slow).

I hoped to resolve this problem with the use of the new mapper of
VTKEdge(vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper) but

I got a bad volume rendering with  a Good interection.

I used the example provided with sources of VTKEdge :

GPURenderDemo -DICOM "<directory>" -CT_Bone

How to improve the quality of the volume Rendering  using
vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper?

Is there a setting to do?

My system configuration:

- Windows XP SP3;
- Visual Studio 2005 SP1;
- CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9550 (2.83 Ghz) - FSB 1600 Mhz;
- GPU: NVidia Geforce  9800 GTX+
- RAM: 3 GB

THank you in advance
Best Regards,