[vtkusers] vtkPointPicker Problem

Darshan Pai darshanpai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 14:05:05 EST 2009

I am using the QT language for development and using the QVTKWidget for the
VTK Rendering .
I have 3 vtkImagePlaneWidget defined which are set to the interactor of the
QVTKWidget.
I also have some polyData loaded into the same World space.

My problem is picking . I setup a PointPicker and add it to the Interactor
used above.

Now when I press p to pick any polydata, I see the the pick has been
executed 4 times even though I picked once. The problem came down to the
part when I set the interactor for the 3 ImagePlaneWidgets .

It looks like if I remove the interactor in these 3 ImagePlaneWidgets it
works fine. But when included it executes 4 times.

I am stumped. I was not having this problem when I was using VTK4.4 but then
I was using Visual Studio.

But if anyone has any insights please let me know