[vtkusers] VTK + QT 4.6 on MAC OS X 10.6

Luis Roberto P. Paula luisrpp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 15:48:25 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'm moving from Linux (Ubuntu) to Mac OS 10.6 and I'm facing some problems
to build VTK with QT support.

In Ubuntu it was easy. I just had to install libqt4-dev via apt-get and
then, generate the Makefile with this command:

cmake ../VTK -DBUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED=OFF -DVTK_USE_HYBRID=ON
-DVTK_USE_RENDERING=ON -DVTK_USE_PARALLEL=ON -DVTK_USE_PATENTED=ON
-DVTK_USE_GUISUPPORT=ON -DVTK_USE_QVTK=ON -DDESIRED_QT_VERSION=4
-DVTK_USE_RENDERING=ON -DVTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB=ON

In Mac OS I have installed the qt-sdk-mac-opensource-2009.05.dmg.

When I try to generate the Makefile with QT support, it looks like that qt
(CMakeLists.txt) is not finding it.

Does anybody has good a tutorial about this?

Thanks & Regards,
Luis