[vtkusers] How to use the docs efficiently as a newbie to vtk?

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Sat Dec 19 08:08:57 EST 2009

Google has been the best help for me so far. If you google for
"normals VTK polydata" you will probably find others asking the same
types of questions. You can then look at how they were answered.

   Grep works also if you access to it. Spotlight on OS X. If you are
using an IDE with a good code indexer,  you can start writing your
code and then ask for auto-completion and have the list of methods pop
up that are available. You can then start scanning through that list
to try and figure out what you might try.

 Just my 2 cents
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net