[vtkusers] Define the Z dimension of a Frustum ?

Francesco Ferro le_maitre at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 18 14:35:31 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently playing with vtkRendereAreaPicker class and in particualar
with ::DefineFrustum.

I wanted to see the shape of my frustum so I used vtkFrusutmSource (I
saw the piece of code on this mailling list, thx to the person who
posted that..) to display the Frustum polydata...
It works perfectly. However there is something wierd... Depending the
size of the frustum.. the Z dimension is not always the same !?

for example with a 60x60 (relatively big) frustum square the Z dimension
of thegenerated frustum it's maybe 20
and with a smaller one (15x15) the Z dimension of thegenerated frustum
it's maybe 60 ...

So I was wondering if there was a possibility to Crop or Cut or Define
the Z dim of the generated frustum ?

(vtkAreaPicker (where the frustum is computed) but I can't find where
the dim are set.. )

Thank's in advance,
F.F