[vtkusers] Why is the image red?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:09:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> The class vtkImageMapToColors can apply a lookup table to a whole
> image.  As for vtkTexture, it has a set of rules that control when it
> applies a lookup table, just like vtkMapper does.  Really, vtkTexture
> is, itself, very much like a mapper.  The rules for how vtkTexture
> maps the input data into something that can be used by the hardware
> are described in the class documentation.
>
>   David

David G,

I was looking here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkTexture.html#_details and
I still don't see anything about the rules it uses?

I checked this:

vtkstd::cout << "Map through LUT? " <<
myTexture->GetMapColorScalarsThroughLookupTable () << vtkstd::endl;

and it is 0, so that should mean that the image should be displayed
based on its actual RGB values, right? I must still be
misunderstanding.

Thanks,

David D.