[vtkusers] how to 3D surface stitching?

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Thu Dec 10 20:39:32 EST 2009

Hello, David:

   Thank you for your always help and suggestion.

  My data is plain text. In that height-map file, originally it only saves a
recovered height for a pixel on 2D image. Now, I slightly changed its
format, by adding the general index of the pixel (like, 1, 2,3...) and its
height, to x, y, z.

  I compared the converted xml file with the one, which you provided before,
(using real LiDAR scans ). It seems that I converted successfully. But when
I did the 3D stitching, the program could not take the converted data format
(Point1.xml).

  Attached, please see the two xml files, Point1.xml and SphereScan1.xml.
Would you please advise?

  THank you.

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY, 40292
U.S.A