[vtkusers] Build my own polydata ?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:09:45 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Adeline Joliet <adeline_joli at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Here my question, I'using AreaPicker to get the frustum (getClipPoint)
>> created from 4 points.getClipPoint return me the 8 points (8 vertices) that
>> define the selected frustum.
>>
>> Is there any posibilitie to build a polydata from that ? If so, how ?
>>
>> any help would be appreciable :)

Ignore my last email, it will probably be much easier to use the
vtkFrustumSource.  It doesn't do exactly what you want (it needs the
frustum as a vtkPlanes object, not as eight points) but it's still
much better than having to build the polydata from scratch.  You just
have to create a vtkPlanes object from your eight points.

   David