[vtkusers] Any existing VTK code for example image in ITK

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:17:38 EST 2009

2009/12/6 Xi LIANG <liangxi1986317 at hotmail.com>:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to visualize the 3D medical image provided
> in http://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/Data/BrainWeb/
> Is there a template (or similar) to visualize this example?
> The header information is
> NDims = 3
> DimSize = 181 217 180
> ElementType = MET_UCHAR
> ElementSpacing = 1.0 1.0 1.0
> ElementByteOrderMSB = False
> ElementDataFile = brainweb1e1a10f20.raw

My favorite image-viewing example in VTK is this one:
Examples/ImageProcessing/Python/ImageSlicing.py

Also, for the brainweb images, I recommend that you use the original
MINC images rather than the raw versions that ITK keeps in its data
directory.

http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/brainweb/

You can use the vtkMINCImageReader to read them, and that is much
easier than working with raw images.

    David