[vtkusers] visualize the registration example in ITK user guide

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 3 04:40:22 EST 2009

ITK can write VTK image files. The example you mention uses a
itkImageFileWriter, which will write a vtk file automatically, if you
set the filename to foo.vtk

You can download paraview and slicer in pre-compiled form. So all you
need to do is load your file in one of these programs.

BTW. I am sure you can load *.mhd (= metaheader) files in slicer
directly, without converting it to a *.vtk file.

Xi LIANG wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I run one registration example in ITK user guide, and the source code is
> from Examples/Registration/DeformableRegistration8.cxx. It uses
> multi-level and 3D deformable transformation (bspline) and generated the
> deform image (.mhd .raw) and deformation field (.mhd .raw) images and
> some parameter.txt as output.
>
> My understanding is that I have to convert all *.mhd into .vtk by some
> VTK program, and than visualize the *.vtk files in Slicers or Paraview.
> I have no idea how complicated this process would be (since it is 3D
> images). Is there any easy way to do this, or this is the only choice.
> If I have to do this, where should I started from.
>
> Currently I installed VTK and was am reading VTK user guide now. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> --------------------------------
> Xi Liang
>
> 梁茜

> Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to
> on Facebook.
> <http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009>

Bryn Lloyd
Computer Vision Laboratory
ETH Zürich, Sternwartstrasse 7, ETF C110
CH - 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 63 26668
Fax: +41 44 63 21199