[vtkusers] visualize the registration example in ITK user guide

Xi LIANG liangxi1986317 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:48:44 EST 2009

Dear all,
I run one registration example in ITK user guide, and the source code is from Examples/Registration/DeformableRegistration8.cxx. It uses multi-level and 3D deformable transformation (bspline) and generated the deform image (.mhd .raw) and deformation field (.mhd .raw) images and some parameter.txt as output.
My understanding is that I have to convert all *.mhd into .vtk by some VTK program, and than visualize the *.vtk files in Slicers or Paraview. I have no idea how complicated this process would be (since it is 3D images). Is there any easy way to do this, or this is the only choice. If I have to do this, where should I started from.
Currently I installed VTK and was am reading VTK user guide now. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Xi Liang

梁茜