[vtkusers] Multiple glcontext (vtkXOpenGLRenderWidow) and sharing resources.

petter wake petter.wake at sonowand.com
Tue Dec 1 03:33:20 EST 2009

Hi all!
I have a question that may have been asked before. But I wonder if
there is something you are planing to do?

I am working on making a display containing multiple views.
I use QvtkWidget(vtkXOpenGlRenderWindow) for one view which displays 2D
images. I will have up to 9 views with images from the same volume.
I also want to have images from different volumes view together in the
views(overlay).

Will it be possible to have multiple
vtkRenderWindow to share the same data set(resources)?

I have solved this by using glCreateContext with shared list in
vtkXOpenGLRenderWidow.
Are there any potential risk in doing this?

Regards
Petter Wake
System developer @ SonoWand