[vtkusers] vtkSTLWriter strongly confusing behavior

Frederic Danesi frederic.danesi at dinccs.com
Wed Aug 19 17:15:45 EDT 2009

The reader acts as it has to with such a simple file format. STL files only
include the geometry (coordinates of each points of the triangles), not the
topology. It does not read actual mesh. That's not its purpose.
You used the STLWriter to save a mesh ... but when doing that, you've lost
everything that matters in the mesh.
You should have use a polydataWriter and a polodataReader ...

Fred.

Cordialement,
F.Danesi
--
Responsable Développement Informatique et Travail Collaboratif
Département DINCCS (Département Ingénierie Numérique, Conception
Email : frederic.danesi at dinccs.com