[vtkusers] itkSnap to vtk

Taru S swork24 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:32:26 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to VTK.  I have segmented a 3D MR volume using ITK-SNAP and now
need to process each of these segmented structures using VTK.

ITK-Snap allows me to save either the entire 3D segmentation or the
individual mesh structures.

Could you please guide me regarding the best way to extract the individual
segmented structures from the full 3D segmented image (single image with all
the segmented str not the individual meshes) so that I can process them
individually(vtk filters - decimation etc) and create  polygonal mesh models
for each and finally a 3D volumetric model using all these meshes.

Also, as per my understanding, I will need to create one vtkActor for each
of the segmented structures. Please advise if this is the right way to do it
?

I will really appreciate your help.

--
Regards,