[vtkusers] Translating and rotating PolyData

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:00:08 EDT 2009

> *
>

> Hello David,
>
> I'm not sure if i explained it right. First I read a VTK file, in which is
> a rectilinear grid in 3D. And every point of the grid has its value (scalar)
> (for example, in a 3D room each value is a temperature at its coordinates)
>
> I now want to move the values in the grid, so that for example
>
>  x = 0, y = 0, z = 0
> with the temperature value 30°C in that location and I move it to:
>  x = x +100
> so that the new coordinates are :
> x = 100, y = 0, z = 0
> and the value has still to be 30°C
> this is what I want to reach.
> Hope I managed to explain that somehow.
>
> Greets
> Dmitri
>
> *

Dmitri,

Please reply to the list rather than an individual so everyone can benefit
from the conversation.

Yes, that explanation is exactly what I thought you were talking about. See
this example for how to attach that temperature value to your grid points:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Add_Miscellaneous_Data_to_Points_in_a_Polydata
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Add_Miscellaneous_Data_to_Cells_in_a_Polydata

I'm assuming the values are already in that type of array in your vtk file?
If you can't get it from here please provide the vtk file and we'll take a
look.

Thanks,

David