[vtkusers] What happens when two actors are at the same depth?

Stephane PLOIX stephane.ploix at edf.fr
Thu Apr 23 04:22:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

If your contour is made of lines, you try to
call GetProperty()->SetRepresentationToWireframe() on your contour actor
and tweak the vtkMapper::ResolveCoincidentTopology* parameters

Stephane

joelthelion at laposte.net
Envoyé par : vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org
23/04/2009 10:04

vtkusers at vtk.org
cc

Objet
Re: [vtkusers] What happens when two actors are at the same depth?

Francois Bertel wrote:

> One (not "the") solution is to place the vtkImageActor in a
> vtkRenderer of layer 0 and place the contour in a vtkRenderer of layer
> 1.

Thanks for the answer. While this seems to be a clean solution,
duplicating
the renderer means duplicating camera code, rendering etc. everywhere...
So
I think I'll use a simpler solution instead, like a TubeFilter to add some
thickness to the contour or simply adding a little shift to the depth of
the
contour (but that's not great either, because if I change the orientation
of
the camera I'll have to change the shift too).

Thanks again.