[vtkusers] What happens when two actors are at the same depth?

poireau joelthelion at laposte.net
Thu Apr 23 04:03:57 EDT 2009

Francois Bertel wrote:

> One (not "the") solution is to place the vtkImageActor in a
> vtkRenderer of layer 0 and place the contour in a vtkRenderer of layer
> 1.

Thanks for the answer. While this seems to be a clean solution, duplicating
the renderer means duplicating camera code, rendering etc. everywhere... So
I think I'll use a simpler solution instead, like a TubeFilter to add some
thickness to the contour or simply adding a little shift to the depth of the
contour (but that's not great either, because if I change the orientation of
the camera I'll have to change the shift too).

Thanks again.