[vtkusers] Convert cut plane to wrap around a sphere

Joey Mukherjee joeymu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:17:53 EDT 2009

Hello!

I have a vtkRectilinearGrid where I would I like to have a cut plane
of that dataset and display it around a sphere as if it were a texture
map over a vtkSphereSource.  Is there a way to convert the output of
my vtkRectilinearGridGeometryFilter to a vtkTexture?   There might be
a better way of doing this so other suggestions welcome.

Ideally, my data set is actually a non-series series of lat's and
long's.  Are there examples of the new vtkGeo* stuff?   I'd really
like to read it latitude and longitude and then use a projection to
display it as a rectangular plot.

Thanks,
Joey